Saturday, November 28, 2009

What's in a name?

There are many different names for Polydactyl cats.

Hemingway cat, or simply Hemingway
Boxers or Boxing Cats
Mitten Cats
Michigan Cats
Thumb Cats
Six-finger Cats
Boston Thumb Cats or Bostons
Cardi-cats

There are poly's that are native to Ithaca, New York, that are known as "Ithacats".

Famous Polydactyl-President Theodore Roosevelt had a poly named Slippers. He was one of the first cats in the White House and was very popular at official functions and press conferences.

I prefer to be called a Boston, or Hemingway Cat. If I was a street cat, I'd go by "Boston" and have a scar on one cheek and have a New England accent. I'd say "Mee aah" instead of Meow. Chicks dig the scars. Linus is not a very dangerous sounding name. But you are what you are, and I'm proud to be different.

6 comments:

  1. There is something very special about all polydactyl cats Linus, we love polys!

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linus I dig you even wivouwt a scar! mee-ouww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linus, I read about you over at the Cat Blogosphere and thought I would stop by to say hello. I can tell, you are very special!!! I will check and see if we are Twitter friends, if not, I'll follow you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we'll be your friends, even if you don't have any scars.

    ReplyDelete